Monday 18 May 2015

Coffee TIME

The benefits of drinking coffee


I love coffee. I don't think that my day goes by without drinking some coffee. :) Black, white, cappuccino, and all other variations- all depends of the time and my humor. Recently, I came across an article which I really liked! My mom always say me that I drink it too much. Fortunately, the devil is not so black as he's painted. :)

…. Coffee Can Fight Depression and Make You Happier
Depression is a serious mental disorder that causes a significantly reduced quality of life. It is incredibly common and about 4.1% of people in the U.S. currently meet the criteria for clinical depression. In a Harvard study published in 2011, women who drank 4 or more cups per day had a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed .Another study with 208,424 individuals found that those who drank 4 or more cups per day were 53% less likely to commit suicide .

….Coffee May Lower Your Risk of Type II Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a gigantic health problem, currently afflicting about 300 million people worldwide. It is characterized by elevated blood sugars in the context of insulin resistance or an inability to secrete insulin. For some reason, coffee drinkers have a significantly reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes.The studies show that people who drink the most coffee have a 23-50% lower risk of getting this disease, one study showing a reduction as high as 67%. According to a massive review that looked at data from 18 studies with a total of 457,922 individuals, each daily cup of coffee was associated with a 7% reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes .Bottom Line: Several observational studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of getting type II diabetes, a serious disease that currently afflicts about 300 million people worldwide.



1 comment:

  1. I love the taste of coffee with milk !!! especially caffe latte, but now I'm trying to reduce it. The coffee is good and tasty, but a person with a disease heart must be careful. I used to visit you on your good coffee from a coffeemaker :D

    ReplyDelete