Wednesday 4 March 2015

Finally...
Oscar for polish cinema... :)

But it's not just next prize for Poland, next prize for this film. Many polish cinema's authorities consider that recent Oscar win for best foreign language film for Ida is a symbol of polish cinematography's renaissance.
During the last decad more films are produced, more and more people go to the cinema to see polish movies.

It's an important info, I hope that it's not just temporary change. I always try to keep up with novelty in polish cinema, Smarzowski, Szumowska or Komasa. But..about them...next post!

Ida is what about?

The film tells the story of a young orphaned woman, Ida, who is on the verge of taking vows to be a nun in the early 1960s when she discovers that she is Jewish and that her parents were murdered by a Polish peasant during World War II.


You saw it?


  

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see but I think that this is very interesting that in Polish a lot of people say that this is not a good film and a lot of people who aren't Polish think that this is a very good film. I wonder why the opinions are so divided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happy when I learned about the prize. I think it helps Polish directors to become more recognized abroad and they are worth it.

    ReplyDelete