Wednesday 5 November 2014

Polish gastronomy

If I had to choose my favourite cook, that would be undoubtedly Wojciech Modest Amaro. Why? He's polish and I'm sure that we need to promote our national kitchen. Because it's beatiful and full of surprises. Guarantee!
So, who is he?
Wojciech Modest Amaro is the owner and Executive Chef, Atelier Amaro - Poland’s first Michelin-rated restaurant. Before he has training his skills in famous restaurants around the world such as: El Bulli, Le Meurice or Noma! Lat year as the FIRST in Poland was honored with a star Michelin.
When I saw first time his book, I thought: That's a man! What a boldness! Looking at the picture of beetroot soup which looks like apple cake...It was for me hudge wonderment.

 "Polish Cuisine of the 21st Century" was awarded the Grand Prix de la Literature Gastronomique in Paris. This book changed the image of contemporary Polish cuisine and especially changed MY vision of polish food.
Amaro has shown what is possible when creative cuisine is based on classical and traditional dishes.


To just confirm this constatation, I want to quote some Amaro's sentence given in the interview:
-What are the biggest Polish culinary sins?
-''Do not appreciate what they have''.

And that's for me the essense of Amaro philosophy. I think it's wonderful.



2 comments:

  1. It’s true, Poles underestimate their cuisine. This error! Our cuisine is wonderful! They are a lot of courses with potatoes. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atelier Amaro is a new concept of restaurant, I think this type of kitchen is the next generation restaurant and amaro ahead of his time, l love it too so much !

    ReplyDelete