Tuesday 13 January 2015

Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu?

Hi,

Happy new year!

During the holidays, I always forget about such mundane matters as the blog. :)
I was eating, resting and watching movies! Today I would recommend you one.
If you haven't seen it, you have to do it soon.

I'm talking about : ''Serial (Bad) Weddings'' ( french: ''Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu?'' ).

Firstly, film gained enormous fame in France. The film attracted over 200,000 viewers just on the first day! In France...ok, in other European countries also, but there's one problem. UK doesn't belong to them. To say nothing about USA...The film has been rejected by film distributors (american and british) who deem it politically incorrect and possibly racist!


I've watched it and I can say that I don't see there nothing extreme. But, maybe you have a different opinion? Watch and tell me.  


3 comments:

  1. Does it have an official Polish title? The English title is really rubbish ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Za jakie grzechy dobry Boże? it's more literal.
      I agree... English version is a bit strange...

      Delete
  2. I love this film! I was laughing during all the showing! :D I don't find it extreme...The film shows stereotypes concerning different nations but, in my opinion, not in offensive way. I would say that in fact this movie mostly laugh at the French and their prejudices;) But the most important thing is punch line - we can live all together in harmony and respect, no matter the diffrents between us:)

    ReplyDelete